Obsessive Drawing





       This obsessive drawing began as an exercise in class, drawing dots on top of certain words and connecting them in any way we wanted. I like the way the original drawing looks like a crystal; even though it is a flat object it takes on a three dimensional prismatic quality, like you'd expect it to reflect light in all directions. My favorite thing about it is that "glass" is a word printed on the page, which mirrors the glass-like effect of the drawing. The edited version looks to me like melting glass, like it sat in hot enough light that it started dripping. I like how I got to melt and stretch the words on the page also and make them a part of the piece as a whole. There was something comforting that came from not starting off with a blank page, and I enjoyed how the words could inform the drawing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grid Art

Haiku Project