Project 4 part 1: Manic Marks








      These drawings to me are a primary color series: the first is yellow, the second blue, and the third red.
      The yellow drawing was interesting because I played with different textured marks such as dots, small triangles for the hair, and scribbled in marks for the colored in parts. I like how the dots come together to create a bigger picture, and the tiles of the floor come together to fill a bigger space as well. I kept the editing simple, adding another texture to the picture with a splatter like effect of the yellow.
     The blue drawing has the most negative space of the three. The shapes don't fully connect but you can tell what they make up while still letting the viewer fill in the gaps. The marker swipes give it more of an abstract feel. Overall the original drawing feels like the most calming of the three because of the cool tones, so I thought I would make it the most bright and almost obnoxious in color in the edit. I also traced back over some of the original dots in neon yellow to make them stand out more. I think as a pair they feel like night and day.
     The red drawing is my favorite of the three because of the detail I was able to put into the face. It was also the one that made me realize how strange it is to draw your own face and reconcile with how the end product can shift your view of what you look like. I think this is what I look like in a different dimension, some pixellated world. The transparent red stripes were also an idea that I had as I was drawing it and wanted to use physical supplies to achieve, so being able to do it digitally was an easier way to get there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grid Art

Haiku Project

Obsessive Drawing