Obituary




       The given obituary reminded me of the feeling of a desert outlaw, and so in my head I kept seeing images of a cactus in the desert. Especially because the one main cactus throughout all three pictures has a shape similar to that of a person: it felt representative of the man to me. Deserts are known for being unforgiving and a place one would go to be alone, which seemed like it mirrored the man's life to its end. In the first image I made the smaller picture on the inside brighter to show the beginning of his journey, perhaps full of intent as he tries to reach something new in life. The second picture I thought started to look like a blurry hallucination or mirage, something that is also associated with deserts, to show the transition into where things went wrong. The final picture is black and white and distorted to represent the ending that the man faced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grid Art

Haiku Project

Obsessive Drawing